Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Fried Rice at the Summer House Restaurant by Mae Lyn Talagon


   FRIED RICE AT THE SUMMER HOUSE RESTAURANT


One of the Ilonggo's favorite Chinese restaurants in Iloilo is the summer house,when I was a kid I go there with my aunt.This restaurant was originally located in the old business district of the city along J.M Basa street. but as time went by and the place seems to have flourished elsewhere, the restaurant found itself that everybody is talking about there good food and there service as well. Then years ago, it left its old place and now forms part of the lobby of the Iloilo Midtown Hotel.

The last time I visited (and actually ate) at The Summer House Restaurant was around one and a half years ago. I was with my friends who were from manila for a summer vacation. It was not really part of my plans that day but as we were inquiring at the hotel, we suddenly got hungry and right on the spot, it was nearly lunch. the taste was very original even those past years i can still remember the taste of there dish.


During that grateful visit, I was surprised that my friends were raving about our orders specifically the fried rice. Until now I never really understood how they cook this usual dish that turn into a very tasty fried rice. From the usual fried rice at home i cook. they proudly introduce there special sinangag (fried rice) Loaded with ham, chicken, prawns and vegetables sprinkled with clove leaf. this fried rice dish taste really good. makes me crave everyday but i cant perfect the taste like the summer restaurant does.

I haven't expect that a left over rice well makes me crave that day. well, i did try to ask them on how to cook there special fried rice. but honestly i cant make it perfect. like they had in this restaurant. and i really wish that i can go home everytime i wanted to eat fried rice.actually there menu was all good. they have fried lumpia, pansit bihon,pansit luglug and chopsuey, those are my favorite dishes. and also the best menu i ever tasted.

it’s clear why this restaurant outlived its competitors of recent years and still forms part of the Ilonggos best restaurant. and if you ever there in iloilo don't forget to visit the summer house restaurant and have a taste of there very own chinese fried rice serve in a chinese bowl. let them welcome you of there unique menu's very good services.









No comments:

Post a Comment