Thursday, November 27, 2014

Lambunao: Land of Waterfalls by Maylyn Santos (5)






Waterfalls in Lambunao

It was late summer when we were invited by my aunt's friend to have a vacation in Lambunao, Iloillo. My aunt's friend said that in Lambunao there are a lot of waterfalls in there place. She said that there are 24 waterfalls in her hometown. Since we haven't gone to a place like that and haven't experienced swimming in a waterfalls. We decided to go to Lambunao and explore the waterfalls in there.

During our stay in my aunt's friend she had told us the names of this 24 magnificent waterfalls. The waterfalls are Mahangin, Gi-ub, Igbulawan,Tabulwang, Takbangan, Baragsakan Inas, Maasin, Mahagnop, Malinaw, Malumot, Naipit, Olaw, Tabogon, Nalisong, Nasor-ohon, Balagnan, Dalhayan, Daragsa-an and Tayokan. She showed us the pictures of those waterfalls and i was excited to go to all of those waterfalls. But we weren't able to go to all of the waterfalls since we lacked in time.

Tita Teresa, my aunt's friend, said that in Lambunao there's not only waterfalls in their places but also virgin forests, rare fauna (animals) and flora (plants). She said that because of their Municipal Mayor Ret. Gen. Reynor Gonzales is responsible for taking care of their eco-tourism. That night she said to us that we will visit her favorite places in Lambunao.

Next morning, we had visited our first destination which is Maasin falls that is near to their place. Maasin falls is so deep that I have to be very careful so I had to stick with the adults so I won't get drown. But it was a great experience for me. In less than two weeks we had visited six waterfalls, one park and one mountain which is Maasin, Mahangin, Balagnan, Dalhayan, Daragsa-an, Gi-ub, Mariit Conservation Park, and lastly Mt. Igpulakan. 

It was a fun experience for me since I had visited a lot of place for less than a month. It was very tiring and fun for me. If you want to visit a place that has a lot of waterfalls, beautiful sceneries and rare birds. Then you should visit Lambunao and explore the beauty of their place. Next Summer, i'm determined to explore all the waterfalls in their place. 



2 comments: